Roadside assistance is a service that can help when you have vehicle trouble on the side of the road, in a parking lot, at work or even at home.
If you are stranded, roadside assistance can help with services like changing a flat tyre, jump-starting a dead battery or towing your vehicle to a repair shop.
Listed below are some of the benefits and services offered.
24/7, 365 days – Roadside Assistance will come to you if you require assistance
Quick response time – No matter where you are, we are ready to provide what we can to help
Technical advice over the phone – easy fix, DPF issues, engine break, backing camera, O/D Over Drive.
Emergency fuel delivery – If you run out of fuel it can be delivered to you. (charges may apply)
Flat Batteries – If the vehicle won’t start, we can get you mobile again. (charges may apply)
Flat Tyres – If you have a flat tyre, we can get you mobile again. (charges may apply)
Minor emergency repairs – tail lift issues or minor repairs can be completed at the roadside.
Vehicle Towing, if the repair can’t be completed by the roadside the vehicle and customers will be towed to the nearest repairer or Handy office.
In an unlikely event you are involved in an accident, please follow the instructions below:
- Stop and check if anyone has been injured.
- If anyone needs medical attention please call the authorities (111)
- Contact Handy immediately (If it’s afterhours please refer to the Rental Agreement for contact information).
- If Police Officers have not attended the accident, and injury is involved, you must contact the Police within 24 hours and notify them of the accident.
- If the accident involves damage to property (e.g. a resident’s wall) and the owners cannot be located, contact the Police within 48 hours.
- Fill in the Handy Rentals Accident Form, take down third party’s contact details, photos of the vehicles involved, weather conditions and the date of the time of the accident.
A simple phone call will have assistance on the way to get you.