Frequently Asked Questions

Got a questions? We’re here to answer! If you don’t see your question here, drop us a line on our Contact page.

Handy requires a full valid NZ, International or approved overseas driver’s licence to rent a vehicle. A full Car Drivers Licence is all that is required for most Handy vehicles

Driving a truck is different from driving a car. Please see  Ensuring a Safe Trip for safety tips you should follow.

Yes. We have a limited number of Vans and Trucks available. Bookings are essential.

21 years. (between age 21 and 25yrs conditions apply)

In the unlikely event you encounter an emergency, you can call for 24 Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance.

Simply call us in advance and we’ll make every effort to accommodate your needs.

Yes. This insurance is included in the cost of the hire. Vehicles are covered by full comprehensive insurance with an excess payable. This excess may be reduced with an additional payment.

No. This is your responsibility.

You can purchase a variety of packing supplies from some Handy locations at reasonable prices.

Average Flat-Jumbo Van (7cM) or Light Truck (10Cubic Meters)
1 Bedroom House-Light Truck (10Cubic Meters)
2 Bedroom House-Medium Truck (15Cubic Meters)
3 Bedroom House-Large Truck (18Cubic Meters)
4 Bedroom House-Large Truck (However you may need to make two trips)

We have a range of Vans, Utes and Trucks that can accommodate most large or unusual items.

We have a two tonne capacity tip truck available for this purpose. Bookings are essential.

Note: This is not available at all locations, request a quote or call your nearest Handy office to confirm.

We can provide you a tarp if you have anything particularly muddy or mucky.

Yes all of our  North Island locations are WINZ/MSD suppliers, we can provide you with a quote. However you are required to have a $500 bond and pay for a $0 excess. Click here to read our blog about WINZ bookings. Its best to give us a call to get a quote for WINZ/MSD. If you do not tell us its a quote for WINZ we will not be able to provide the booking for you. Unfortunately we do not provide WINZ quotes for our South Island locations.