Roadside Assistance

Roadside assistance is a service that can help when you have vehicle trouble on the side of the road, in a parking lot, at work or even at home.

If you are stranded, roadside assistance can help with services like changing a flat tyre, jump-starting a dead battery or towing your vehicle to a repair shop.

24/7, 365 days – Roadside Assistance will come to you if you require assistance

Quick response time – No matter where you are, we are ready to provide what we can to help

Technical advice over the phone – easy fix, DPF issues, engine break, backing camera, O/D Over Drive.

Emergency fuel delivery – If you run out of fuel it can be delivered to you. (charges may apply)

Flat Batteries – If the vehicle won’t start, we can get you mobile again. (charges may apply)

Flat Tyres – If you have a flat tyre, we can get you mobile again. (charges may apply)

Minor emergency repairs – tail lift issues or minor repairs can be completed at the roadside.

Vehicle Towing, if the repair can’t be completed by the roadside the vehicle and customers will be towed to the nearest repairer or Handy office.

Contact roadside assistance as soon as possible, all our vehicles have a spare tyre, however, we strongly recommend you wait for roadside assistance as they are the professionals and can change a flat tyre or arrange a tow truck if necessary.

Call Roadside Assistance, they provide every possible way to help you get back on the road by gaining entry to the vehicle, delivering spare keys or arranging a tow truck if need be.

Do not start the engine, give us a call, roadside assistance will be on their way with a tow truck.

In an unlikely event you are involved in an accident, please follow the instructions below:

  • Stop and check if anyone has been injured.
  • If anyone needs medical attention please call the authorities (111)
  • Contact Handy immediately (If it’s afterhours please refer to the Rental Agreement for contact information).
  • If Police Officers have not attended the accident, and injury is involved, you must contact the Police within 24 hours and notify them of the accident.
  • If the accident involves damage to property (e.g. a resident’s wall) and the owners cannot be located, contact the Police within 48 hours.
  • Fill in the Handy Rentals Accident Form, take down third party’s contact details, photos of the vehicles involved, weather conditions and the date of the time of the accident.

A simple phone call will have assistance on the way to get you.